The Wool & Cotton Company offers a fresh selection of knitting, crocheting, and/or embroidery classes each month. Spinning is currently being taught as a private lesson. Private lessons are offered for knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and spinning at $20/hour.
To register for classes, stop by the shop or sign up online!
If you'd like notifications when new classes are released, sign up for our newsletter!
Saturdays, February 24th & March 3rd, 10a-12p
We've had several requests to bring back this class. This garment combines two of our favorite things: colorwork and cozy ponchos! Knit with squishy, soft BFL wool, this poncho is going to become your favorite thing to wear to keep a chill at bay!
Saturdays, February 24th & March 17th, 12-2p
When the Brooklyn Tweed Winter '18 collection was released, we all immediately fell in love with this striking scarf. Choose to work with Loft or Arbor and go wild with your color choices!
Broomstick Lace Crochet
Saturday, February 17th, 2-4p
Take your crochet stitches to new heights with broomstick lace! Traditionally made using a broomstick (don't worry, we'll be using a large knitting needle), this airy stitch lets you create garments and accessories that are perfect for cool spring weather!
Building Blocks KAL
Saturday, March 3rd; 2-4p - Block 1
We're super excited to begin this block-of-the-month blanket knit-along! The Building Blocks blanket was designed specifically to grow your knitting skills and confidence. Join us this month as we start the first block together!
Wednesdays, February 7th & 21st; 6-8p
Whether you know nothing about knitting and are looking to learn or you just want to get back into the swing of things, this beginning knitting class will get your needles flying in no time!
Saturdays, February 17th & March 3rd, 12-2p
We've restructured our beginning crochet class! Learn all the basics of crochet and use your new skills to make a neckwarmer. Students will leave class feeling confident and ready to take on the world of crochet.
Toe Up Socks
Saturdays, February 24th & March 17th, 2-4p
Whether you've never knit socks before or you're just looking for a different approach, join us for this class! This pattern uses our favorite toe-up cast-on and an after-thought heel, making sock knitting super easy.
Intro to Short Rows
Saturday, March 17th, 10a-12p
Get an introduction to working short rows in this one-session class! This mini pinwheel makes a great trivet or candle mat and when it's complete, students will be comfortable with using short-rows to make wedges of knit fabric.
- Students can sign up for classes in person, online, or via email/telephone.
- Payment of the class fee is required to reserve a spot in a class. If signing up via email or telephone, The Wool & Cotton Company will send an email invoice for the class fee to you and your place will be reserved upon online payment of the invoice
- Students will receive a 10% discount on all class supplies, but not on knit or crochet-along supplies unless noted.
- Reward Member discounts cannot be applied to class fees, but they can be stacked with the supply discount.
- We require 24-hour notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund for class fees. Most of our classes have waitlists and we want to give another person a chance to take the class if you have to cancel.
- We will not issue partial refunds for classes or refunds for individual sessions missed.