The Wool & Cotton Company offers a fresh selection of knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and spinning classes each month. Private lessons are offered at $20/hour. To register for classes, stop by the shop or contact us.
If you'd like notifications when new classes are released, sign up for our newsletter!
Ripple As You Go Crochet-Along
Saturdays, August 5th & 19th, 10a-12p
Join us for Skacel's latest project, a crochet-along wrap! This project uses the "join as you go" technique to add motifs to each other and makes great use of the fun colors in Zauberball. You'll have a fun wrap just in time for fall!
Lydia Shawl - $40
Saturdays, August 19th & Sept. 16th, 12-2p
Crocheters of all levels will enjoy making this fun shawl! If you've taken Beginning Crochet with us and feel like you have the basic stitches down, this is a fantastic next step. More advanced crocheters will easily relax into the quick pattern.
Spindle Plying - $20
Saturday, August 19th, 2-4p
Now that you've learned the basics of drop-spinning, take your yarns to the next level by learning the two most common plying techniques. Students will practice these methods of plying while learning more about yarn construction.
Spiral Euphoria Moebius Cowl - $40
Wednesdays, August 23rd & 30th, 6-8p
Learn how to knit a moebius! In this class, students will be learning Cat Bordhi's moebius cast-on technique to create an intentionally-twisted cowl. You'll love watching the spirals in this pattern form as you work from the center out!
What the Fade Mystery KAL
Saturdays, September 2nd, 16th, & 30th, 10a-12p
Andrea Mowry, creator of the fabulous Find Your Fade Shawl, is bringing us another opportunity to play with color! The "What the Fade?" knit-along will be a mystery pattern with a clue being revealed each week. Stop by and choose your colors!
Beginning Crochet - $40
Wednesdays, September 13th & 27th, 6-8p
We've restructured our crochet class! In two sessions, students will learn all the basic stitches, as well as some tips and tricks for even edges and tension. You'll apply what you've learned as you crochet a cute washcloth!
Beginning Embroidery - $60 (incl. supplies)
Saturdays, September 16th & 23rd, 2-4p
Hand embroidery is a creative, relaxing hobby that lets you play with color and design. This class will teach you all the basics! We'll practice stitches on a sampler before working on a cute kit. Welcome to your new obsession!
Morrison Socks - $60
Saturdays, 9/23, 10/7, & 10/21; 10a-12p
Believe it or not, autumn weather is fast approaching! These cozy, textured socks are perfect for warding off a chill around the house or for wearing inside your favorite fall boots. Students will learn about cables and sock construction.
Thrummed Slippers - $40
Saturdays, September 23rd & 30th, 12-2p
There is nothing as cozy as a pair of thrummed slippers! Thrumming is a technique used to add bits of unspun wool to your knitting, making your slipper super fluffy and warm. The pattern includes sizes for the whole family and these make great gifts!
- Students can sign up for classes in person or via email/phone.
- Payment of the class fee is required to reserve a spot in a class. If signing up via email or telephone, The Wool & Cotton Company will send an email invoice for the class fee to you and your place will be reserved upon online payment of the invoice
- Students will receive a 10% discount on all class supplies.
- Reward Member discounts cannot be applied to class fees, but they can be stacked with the supply discount.
- We require 24-hour notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund for class fees. Most of our classes have waitlists and we want to give another person a chance to take the class if you have to cancel.
- We will not issue partial refunds for classes or refunds for individual sessions missed.