The Wool & Cotton Company offers a fresh selection of knitting, crocheting, and spinning classes each month. Private lessons are offered at $20/hour. To register for classes, stop by the shop or contact us.
If you'd like notifications when new classes are released, sign up for our newsletter!
Nerd Girl Yarns Workshops
Saturday, July 29th
We're so excited to have Christa from Nerd Girl Yarns back in the shop. Not only is she bringing a trunk show of goodies with her, but she's teaching a few classes including a lecture about different wools and two dyeing workshops!
Leaves of Grass KAL
Saturdays, July 1st & 22nd, 10a-12p
Join us for our next knit-along and create a gorgeous pi-shawl! Leaves of Grass, by Jared Flood, combines nature-inspired lace motifs and the lightness of Brooklyn Tweed Loft into an heirloom accessory.
Front Porch Rug - $60 (incl. fabric kit)
Saturday, July 1st; 2-4p
Perk up your front porch or any area of your home with this colorful crocheted rug! You'll be working with a kit in class, but we'll be showing how to cut large pieces of fabric into continuous strips quickly and easily so you can make more at home.
Colona Wrap - $25
Saturday, July 8th; 1-4p
We fell in love with this pattern from Manos del Uruguay as soon as we saw it. The Colona wrap makes great use of one of our favorite yarns, Serena. The lace pattern is simple enough to make this wrap a great travel project!
DeSoto Tunic - $25
Saturday, July 8th, 10a-1p
Crochet is everywhere right now! This simple summer tunic can serve double-duty as a cute layer over leggings or a swim cover-up at the beach. The pattern is easy to get the hang of, so even beginners can make themselves a summer garment.
Beginning Crochet - $40
Wednesdays, June 21st & July 5th, 6-8p
We've restructured our crochet class! In two sessions, students will learn all the basic stitches, as well as some tips and tricks for even edges and tension. You'll apply what you've learned as you crochet a cute washcloth!
Beginning Knitting - $40
Wednesdays, July 12th & 26th; 6-8p
Whether you know nothing about knitting and are looking to learn or you just want to get back into the swing of things, this beginning knitting class will get your needles moving in no time!
Flawless Finishing - $20
Saturday, July 1st, 12-2p
Do you have a pile of knits at home that need ends woven in or pieces put together? Do you avoid certain patterns because you hate seaming? In this class, you'll learn the essential finishing techniques that will take your handknits to the next level.
Spin Lab - $15 + materials fee
Saturday, July 22nd, 12-2p
Join us for this fun class series! Each session we will be exploring a selection of fibers. Students will experiment with small amounts of each fiber by analyzing and spinning them during class. Find your new favorite breed of wool!
- Students can sign up for classes in person or via email/phone.
- Payment of the class fee is required to reserve a spot in a class. If signing up via email or telephone, The Wool & Cotton Company will send an email invoice for the class fee to you and your place will be reserved upon online payment of the invoice
- Students will receive a 10% discount on all class supplies.
- Reward Member discounts cannot be applied to class fees, but they can be stacked with the supply discount.
- We require 24-hour notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund for class fees. Most of our classes have waitlists and we want to give another person a chance to take the class if you have to cancel.
- We will not issue partial refunds for classes or refunds for individual sessions missed.