The Wool & Cotton Company offers a fresh selection of knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and spinning classes each month. Private lessons are offered at $20/hour.
To register for classes, stop by the shop or sign up online!
If you'd like notifications when new classes are released, sign up for our newsletter!
Sweet Georgia Color Play Party
Friday, November 3rd, 6-9p
Join us for a part color-theory workshop and part yarn-tasting color party with Felicia Lo from Sweet Georgia Yarns! This video-based in-store workshop will walk you through the basics of working with color and increase your color confidence!
Knit Purl Hunter "Behind the Scenes" KAL
Saturdays, October 7th & 28th, 2-4p
Join us for Michelle "Knit Purl" Hunter's fall Knit-Along! This mystery project is a cabled cowl using Hikoo's incredible new yarn "Oh!" We'll be casting on together on the 7th and meeting again on the 28th to see how everyone did!
Strange Brew Guided KAL - $35
Sundays, Oct. 22nd through Dec. 3rd, 10-11a
When we heard about the latest knit-along from Tin Can Knits, we knew we had to fit it into our schedule! Strange Brew is a guide to creating your own custom colorwork sweater and we are so excited to get started!
Waves of Plaid Crochet Beanie - $30
Saturday, Nov. 11th, 1-4p
Stranded colorwork isn't just for knitters! This class will teach you how to work stranded crochet techniques. This crocheted hat uses four colors to create a vibrant pattern reminiscent of knit fair-isle hats.
Brioche Scarf - $30
Saturday, Nov. 18th, 10a-1p
Have you been dying to try your hand at brioche knitting? Or maybe you've done brioche before but need a refresher? Now is the time! Brioche is a great way to play with color and texture, so have fun and choose some yarn that speaks to you!
Folded Squares Cardigan - $50
Saturdays, Oct. 21st 1-2p, Nov. 4th 1-2p, Nov. 18th 1-2p & Dec. 9th 12-2p
The unique construction of the Folded Squares Cardigan has kept it on our minds since its release. Knit in garter stitch, simple shapes are folded and seamed to create this cozy garment. This is a great project for all levels of knitters!
Embroidered Mandala - $45 (incl. supplies)
Saturday, Nov. 11th, 10a-1p
Drawing or coloring mandalas is considered to be very therapeutic and relaxing. In this class, we'll be creating our own mandalas and learning how to transfer them to fabric so we can fill them in with embroidery!
Simple Mittens - $40
Saturdays, Oct. 21st 12-1p, Oct. 28th 12-2p, & Nov. 4th 12-1p
A warm pair of mittens is a winter necessity. Luckily, they're easy to make! This class will guide you through the entire process of mitten knitting. We'll be using an amazingly versatile pattern from Tin Can Knits with a variety of sizes!
- Students can sign up for classes in person or via email/phone.
- Payment of the class fee is required to reserve a spot in a class. If signing up via email or telephone, The Wool & Cotton Company will send an email invoice for the class fee to you and your place will be reserved upon online payment of the invoice
- Students will receive a 10% discount on all class supplies.
- Reward Member discounts cannot be applied to class fees, but they can be stacked with the supply discount.
- We require 24-hour notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund for class fees. Most of our classes have waitlists and we want to give another person a chance to take the class if you have to cancel.
- We will not issue partial refunds for classes or refunds for individual sessions missed.