The Wool & Cotton Company offers a fresh selection of knitting, crocheting, and spinning classes each month. Private lessons are offered at $20/hour. To register for classes, stop by the shop or contact us.
If you'd like notifications when new classes are released, sign up for our newsletter!
Find Your Fade KAL Kickoff
Saturday, May 6th, 10a-12p
We've been so inspired by the Find Your Fade projects that we've seen that we decided to do a knit-along! This shawl is all about combining color in a way that is personal and brings you joy. Stop in and let us help you Find Your Fade!
Front Porch Rug - $60 (incl. fabric kit) - FULL!
Saturday, May 20th; 2-4p
Perk up your front porch or any area of your home with this colorful crocheted rug! You'll be working with a kit in class, but we'll be showing how to cut large pieces of fabric into continuous strips quickly and easily so you can make more at home.
Socks a la Carte - $20/session (or $70/4)
Saturdays, May 6th, 20th, 27th, & June 3rd; 12-2p
This sock workshop is great for all levels of sock knitters, whether you've never worked a pair of handmade socks before or have a fully stocked sock drawer at home! Choose which sessions you need or take them all!
Swallowtail Shawl - $40
Saturdays, May 6th & 27th, 2-4p
Usher in warmer weather with this nature-inspired lace shawl! Students will be guided through top-down triangle shawl construction and three gorgeous lace designs while learning to read lace patterns from a chart.
Drop Spinning - $20
Saturday, June 3rd; 2-4p
Have you always wanted to spin your own yarn, but don't have a wheel? Try drop spinning! These portable little tools allow you to make yarn by hand wherever you may go.
Shawl Shapes - $60
Saturdays, May 20th, 27th, & June 3rd; 10a-12p
This three-part workshop is designed to help students understand the construction of common shawl shapes. We'll be working through several different shawl constructions by knitting mini shawls!
Beginning Knitting - $40
Wednesdays, May 17th & 31st; 6-8p
Whether you know nothing about knitting and are looking to learn or you just want to get back into the swing of things, this beginning knitting class will get your needles moving in no time!
Felted Flowers - $35 + materials fee
Saturday May 13th; 1-4p
Join us in welcoming guest teacher and local artist Jan Falk back to the shop! In this magical workshop, you will learn how to layer colors of merino wool and sparkle, wet it, and form it into a beautiful flower-like creation. Come play with color!
Felted Beaded Necklace - $40 + materials
Saturday, May 13; 10a-12:30p
Join us in welcoming guest teacher and local artist Jan Falk back to the shop! In this wet felting class, students will learn how to use gorgeously dyed merino wool to make slender felt cords, attaching them to form a beautiful necklace.
Sunday, May 21st; 12-1p
Join us for this bi-monthly exploration of color! Half lecture, half discussion, participants are encouraged to bring projects, books, and questions relevant to the region of focus. This month is all about South America!
- Students can sign up for classes in person or via email/phone.
- Payment of the class fee is required to reserve a spot in a class. If signing up via email or telephone, The Wool & Cotton Company will send an email invoice for the class fee to you and your place will be reserved upon online payment of the invoice
- Students will receive a 10% discount on all class supplies.
- Reward Member discounts cannot be applied to class fees, but they can be stacked with the supply discount.
- We require 24-hour notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund for class fees. Most of our classes have waitlists and we want to give another person a chance to take the class if you have to cancel.
- We will not issue partial refunds for classes or refunds for individual sessions missed.