Holly Stocking - $45
Saturdays, Nov. 8th, 15th, & 22nd, 12-2p
Nothing gets us in the holiday mood quite like some handknit decorations. Kick off the season with this Holly Christmas Stocking. If you've been wanting to learn stranded color knitting or how to knit a sock, this is the perfect class for you! This stocking features easy-to-remember colorwork patterns and is knit the same way you would work a regular sock. Choose to personalize it and make a set of heirlooms for the whole family!
Prerequisites: Intermediate knitting skills (knitting in the round, basic decreases, pattern reading)
- 3 colors of smooth, worsted-weight yarn (we recommend Ella Rae Classic), 100g each
- #6 and #8 16-inch circular needles
- #8 double pointed needles
- Pattern: Holly Christmas Stocking by Annie's Woolens
- Basic knitting tools
- Please work the first 12 rows of the pattern before coming to the first class.
- If you wish to personalize the stocking with a name, please let us know when signing up for class as there will be additional homework.
- 2-color stranded knitting
- Chart reading
- Short row heel
- Sock toe decreases
- Duplicate stitch
- Kitchener stitch