Sundays, Oct. 12 & 19, 1-2p
Amazing accessory alert! Pick out your three favorite colors of toasty warm Harrisville Shetland and join us for this quick class. The slipped-stitch pattern on these fingerless mitts make them a fun and colorful project. These mitts are knit flat and seamed, so students will learn the basics of slipped-stitch knitting (also called mosaic knitting), simple colorwork chart reading, mattress stitch, and picking up stitches.
Prerequisites: Beginning Knitting or basic knitting skills
- "Peregrine Mitts" pattern by Elisabeth Parker (hard copy available in the shop OR download here)
- 3 colors of Harrisville Shetland Yarn
- #4 straight or circular needles
- Set of #4 double-pointed needles
- Yarn needle (Chibi)
- CO and make ribbing for the cuff before the first class. Please be sure to measure the width of your ribbing to make sure that you don't need to change to a different needle size.
- Slipped-stitch (mosaic) knitting basics
- Mattress stitch seaming
- Pick up stitches to work in the round
- Colorwork chart reading