Waves of Plaid Crochet Beanie - $30
Saturday, Nov. 11th, 1-4p
Stranded colorwork isn't just for knitters! This crocheted hat uses four colors to create a vibrant pattern reminiscent of knit fair-isle hats. In this class, students will learn how to read a colorwork chart and work stranded single-crochet. We will be discussing how to adjust the hat size by adding or subtracting chart repeats in class. We will also cover everything you need to know about stranded crochet colorwork, including how to manage your yarn and control your tension. We promise you'll be addicted to crochet colorwork!
Prerequisites: Intermediate crocheting skills (magic ring, sc increases)
Homework: Students should complete the crown of the hat before class and be ready to work the body of the hat; if you need help with the crown portion of the hat, we'd love to schedule a private lesson with you to get you going!
- "Waves of Plaid Beanie" by Deja Joy (download here or purchase in-store)
- 4 colors of fingering-weight yarn (we used Jamieson & Smith 2-ply)
- Size US D crochet hook
- Basic crochet notions
- Way to keep track of chart rows (row counter, highlighter tape, magnet board, etc)
- Stranded single crochet
- Reading a colorwork chart
- Managing yarns and tension in crochet colorwork
- Keeping rounds aligned
- Size adjustments